Help I can’t stop stress baking. But this triple chocolate skillet cookie is so good that I can’t even complain. This recipe is fully vegan and can be made gluten free as well. It’s luscious, satisfying, and sure to please!
Something about a cast iron just makes the end result of baked goods so much more great. The crisp edges with a perfectly soft center…that’s truly goals. Of course, this recipe could be made without a cast iron; it could be made in a 9×9 baking dish. But if you have a cast iron skillet, WHIP IT OUT! Put it to good use!
This recipe is designed for the true chocolate lover. You’ll die for the chocolate swirl on top! It’s almost a 50:50 cookie/brownie mutant dessert, and I LOVE it.
At this point, I’m not sure if I’m stress baking, or just baking from inspiration. Who knows. Don’t care. I bake you eats.
Well…I can’t physically hand these to you. Sooo.. Get to bakin’! It’ll brighten up your mood, always. :)
Vegan Triple Chocolate Skillet Cookie
Makes: 16 servings
- 1.25 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP egg replacer powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cocoa bar in a jar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 10″ cast iron skillet with vegan butter spread.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, egg replacer, baking powder, and baking soda. Set to the side.
- In a large bowl, use a hand blender to cream together the vegan butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until whipped and fluffy. Add the vanilla and mix again.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend on medium speed until evenly combined. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Spoon the batter into the cast iron skillet and flatten it out evenly to every edge with the back of the spoon. Swirl the Cocoa Bar in a Jar on top of the cookie batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 33-35 minutes until lightly crisped on top. For a crunchy, browned top, set the oven to broil for another 1-2 minutes at the end.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, slice, and serve!!
Learn healthy, plant-based eating in 6 weeks from me.