Summer is approaching! And even though it’s been dismal and rainy all day today, I’ve been in the mood for fruity drinks and summer-y foods for some reason. For a midday meal I made a tuna salad and put it in a quick, low carb coconut flour wrap. The wrap is easyyyy – 3 egg whites, 1/2 tbsp coconut flour, and 1/2 tsp Ms. Dash onion and herb Seasoning all blended and then cooked in a pan.
The tuna salad is sweet and spicy at the same time because the bell peppers and tomatoes add sweetness, but the jalepenos, cayenne pepper, and paprika heat it up!
- 1/3 cup mixed frozen vegetables (mine had corn, peas, green beans, carrots, edamame, and lima beans in it)
- 1, 4 oz can of light tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 3 oz of sweet yellow cherry tomatoes (also called Sunbursts, or use 1 medium tomato)
- 1/3 cup diced yellow and orange bell pepper
- 2 TBSP diced jalepeno
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (depending on how much spice you want)
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado, cut into cubes
First, thaw the veggies by heating them in the microwave for 45 seconds. Add it to the rest of the ingredients and mix with a fork. I like to mix in the avocado last so that it doesn’t get TOO mushed up ;p And that’s it!
Like I mentioned, I put a serving in a wrap but you could eat this many ways! You could have it as a sandwich, you could dip veggies in it, or you could just eat it as is! I was definitely tempted to haha.
Master vegan baking with this specially outlined online course!