Guest post this week! I absolutely advocate fresh, homemade recipes like this. It’s always best to choose homemade over storebought; you know exactly where your ingredients come from and what you’re eating. This has my imagination wheels turning to substitute the parmesan cheese and eggs with vegan alternatives; it is most definitely possible and I want to so bad.
Although they are usually known for providing coffee grinder reviews and in depth articles about coffee, the folks at Know Your Grinder have a few other tricks up their sleeve. Namely, this awesome recipe for Caesar Salad Dressing, which is a family favorite for many years. I hope enjoy the exclusive recipe they’ve shared with us! There’s even a how-to video posted for extra instruction.
Best Caesar Salad Dressing
1. Mix in blender
- 5 cloves of organic fresh garlic (more or less is up to you)
- 2 large organic eggs from free range chickens at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of age quality parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 T. of dijon mustard
- 4 or 5 shakes of worchestershire sauce
- a couple of sprinkles of hot sauce
- 6 T. red wine vinegar
2. Drizzle in Slowly
- 2 cups of the best first cold pressed olive oil you can find (this one is good, or you can shop at a specialty olive oil store)
- The blender mixture will slowly thicken until the last few drops of oil appear not to want to blend anymore. That’s when you stop.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Choose quality fresh organic romaine lettuce.
- Wash and spin dry.
- Cool in fridge until ready to serve.
- Small pieces make the dressing cover better and is easier to eat.
- Place lettuce in a pretty big wooden salad bowl.
- Add croutons and any other topppings.
- Pour over dressing just enough to lightly cover lettuce.
- Grate more parmesan cheese over salad.
- Toss well and serve immediately.
5. Other: Use as a topping on most foods.
Learn healthy, plant-based eating in 6 weeks from me.